Diploma in Architecture Assistantship
Architecture, we all know, is mother of all Arts and a playground for all scientific applications. A good grooming in architecture paves way for an all-knowing-practical-personality.
"Architecture assistantship" introduces a student to all aspects of architecture profession, building sceneries and construction.
Nature of Job :
1. Diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship are supposed to prepare working drawings of
buildings and should have basic knowledge of the important materials like; stones, bricks,
lime, cement, paints, timber, exterior and interior finishes, glass, plastics, building hardware,
roofing materials, additives and admixtures, adhesives etc.
2. To prepare structural drawings, working drawings and detailed drawings of various components
of buildings with the help of graphic representation.
3. To know, design and execute building interiors.
4. To create, manipulate and manage 2D drawings for interior projects with the help of Computer
Aided Drafting and Design.
5. To prepare working drawings of various fittings and fixtures and water supply and sanitary
6. To prepare the municipal drawings to get them sanctioned from the local development body.
7. To prepare architectural models
1. Theory of Design
2. Sketching, Lettering and Printing
3. Building Construction
4. Architectural Graphic Presentation
5. Workshop Practice for Architecture
6. History of Architecture
7. Architectural Building Materials
8. Architectural Design
10. Theory of Structure
12. Structural Design
13. Interior Design
14. Computer Aided Design and Drafting
15. Building services
16. Building Bye Laws
17. Working Drawing
18. Computer Graphics
19. Estimating and Specification writing
20. Site Planning & Landscaping
Eligibility & Admission :
10+ with Science Subjects or 10th Pass
Higher Studies :
1. Degree through A.I.I.A.
2. Degree through A.M.I.E.
3. Certain Universities admit diploma students in to 2nd year degree course after entrance exams
like J.N. Technological University, Hyderabad and some other Universities.
- Government Architect's offices of different state and universities.
In Government engineering offices like P.W.D., Public Health, Irrigation, Town Planning
Corporation offices etc. as Draughtsman.
- Teaching jobs.
Large percentage of diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship find employment with
private architects and also majority of them go for self-employment.
Some percentage of students may find employment in state housing boards, urban
Diploma holder in architect assistantship mainly assist the architect who is a degree
holder in making drawings and supervising the building under construction
- In some states local self Govt. does give them license to approve plans of buildings.
- Self employment scope is very much there.
(Source : http://www.punjabteched.com/courses/sa-aa.htm)
Find the Right Career ! Right Course !
Get Personel Career Counselling & Career Plan from
India's Leading Career Counsellor since 2007
Face-To-Face Counselling @ Bangalore
Counselling Over Phone
Counselling Over SKYPE
CALL : 080-41554225 or 9241 778866 for Appointment
and more details