Diploma in Architecture Assistantship
Architecture is mother of all Arts and a playground for all scientific applications. A good grooming in architecture paves way for an all-knowing-practical-personality.
"Architecture assistantship" gives a knowledge of all aspects of architecture profession, building sceneries and construction.
Nature of Job :
1. Diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship are supposed to prepare
working drawings of buildings and should have basic knowledge of the
important materials like; stones, bricks, lime, cement, paints, timber,
exterior & interior finishes, glass, plastics, building hardware, roofing
materials, additives & admixtures, adhesives etc.
2. To know, design and execute building interiors.
3. To prepare working drawings of various fittings and fixtures and water
supply and sanitary installations.
4. To prepare the municipal drawings to get them sanctioned from the local
5. To prepare architectural models
6. To create, manipulate and manage 2D drawings for interior projects with
the help of Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
7. To prepare structural drawings, working drawings & detailed drawings of
various components of buildings with the help of graphic representation.
1. Theory of Design
2. Sketching, Lettering and Printing
3. Building Construction
4. Architectural Graphic Presentation
5. Workshop Practice for Architecture
6. History of Architecture
7. Architectural Building Materials
8. Architectural Design
10. Theory of Structure
12. Structural Design
13. Interior Design
14. Computer Aided Design and Drafting
15. Building services
16. Building Bye Laws
17. Working Drawing
18. Computer Graphics
19. Estimating and Specification writing
20. Site Planning & Landscaping
Eligibility & Admission :
10+ with Science Subjects or 10th Pass
Higher Studies :
1. Degree through A.I.I.A.
2. Degree through A.M.I.E.
3. Certain Universities admit diploma students in to 2nd year degree course
after entrance exams like J.N. Technological University, Hyderabad and
some other Universities.
1. Government Architect's offices of different state and universities.
2. Teaching jobs.
3. Some percentage of students may find employment in state housing
boards, urban development authorities.
4. Diploma holder in architectural assistantship mainly assist the architect
who is a degree holder in making drawings and supervising the building
5. In some states local self Govt. does give them license to approve plans
6. Self employment scope is very much there.
7. Large percentage of diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship find
employment with private architects and also majority of them go for
8. In Government engineering offices like P.W.D., Public Health, Irrigation,
Town Planning Corporation offices etc. as Draughtsman.
Find the Right Career ! Right Course !
Get Personel Career Counselling & Career Plan from
India's Leading Career Counsellor since 2007
Face-To-Face Counselling @ Bangalore
Counselling Over Phone
Counselling Over SKYPE
CALL : 080-41554225 or 9241 778866 for Appointment
and more details